Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
of.today may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- - To improve customer service Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- - To personalize user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- - To improve our Site We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- - To process payments We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- - To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- - To send periodic emails We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Keep it civil aka don’t be a jerk
We’re going to get into the thick of a lot of heated discussions and that’s okay. These discussions often entail topics that we all personally care a lot about and will passionately defend. But in order for discussions to thrive here, we need to remember to criticize ideas, not people.
So, remember to avoid:
- ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
- knee-jerk contradiction
Always strive to add value to every interaction and discussion you participate in
There are a lot of discussions that happen every day on Disqus. Before joining in a discussion, browse through some of the most recent and active discussions happening in the community, especially if you’re new there.
If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.
Keep it tidy
Help make moderators’ lives easier by taking a moment to ensure that what you’re about to post is in the right place. That means:
- don’t post off-topic comments or discussions: check the Explore page to find the appropriate channel for your topic
- don’t cross-post the same thing multiple times
- review any specific posting guidelines for the community: some communities such as a movies community may have specific rules regarding spoilers.
- check if another active discussion on your topic has already been posted
Moderators are at the forefront of combatting spam, mediating disputes and enforcing community guidelines and, so are you.
If you see an issue, contact the moderators if possible or flag any comments for review. If you believe someone has violated the Basic Rules, report it to Disqus by flagging the user’s profile.
Looking for the old Channel Rules?
Be sure your topic matches the general theme of the channel. For example, all discussions on Talk Shop should pertain to fashion and beauty. Not sure if you’re posting to the right channel? Check the channel’s About section, or recently-added discussions to get an idea of what subjects are appropriate.
A discussion or comment that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or your article on another site will almost always be removed.
Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely
Comments that contain profanity are automatically held for moderator review before being posted. Depending on the context of the comment, it may be removed. Profanity used to insult, antagonize, or inflame will always be removed.
Don’t Be a Jerk
Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed. Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke will also be removed.
Don’t Copy and Paste
If you didn’t write it, or haven’t properly cited the article you’re quoting, don’t post it.
We currently only support English-only discussions on Disqus channels. Non-English comments and discussions will be removed.
Prins Hendrikstraat 43, 2518 HJ The Hague, The Netherlands
+31 (0)6 38552854
This document was last updated on Mar 24, 2019